Wall lights for indoors and outdoors
As a selective source of light or indirect lighting – wall lights brighten up every home and make it look cozy. With or without shades, they provide fascinating light and shadow effects both indoors and outdoors.
Wall lights without shades
- Features: they appear somewhat simpler than the models with shades. They are available in the form of candle holders or made of materials such as chrome with flexible arms. With regards to luminance, they don’t fall short of the lamps with shades. Depending on alignment, entire walls or individual objects can be selectively illuminated.
- Ideal for: the doorway – often fitted with a motion sensor; the hallway – here the wall lights usually serve as basic illumination; the living room – as an additional atmospheric source of light
- Suitable lamps: Energy-saving lamps are ideal. However, due to their mode of functioning, they require a short heating-up phase.
Wall lights with shades
- Features: Big and small lamps with shades are available in countless designs and materials: made of glass, chrome, brass, gold, nickel, stainless steel, wood or crystal. Available in the shape of a funnel, circular or angular.
- Suitable for: the living room – here you can focus the versatile lamps on your pictures and make them stand out; the bedroom – reading lamps are suitable here. Most of these models are small and inconspicuous but at the same time they provide plenty of light; the bathroom – good lighting is elementary in here. Applying make-up in the morning or styling one’s hair is impossible without bright lights. Apart from the normal bathroom lighting, a wall lamp helps illuminate dark parts optimally.
- Suitable lamps: Energy-saving lamps, just like the wall lights with shades, are suitable.
- Feature: Models such as the up-down lights are particularly suited. Fitted with two sources of light, it illuminates the wall from top to bottom Outdoor lighting is made of weather-proof materials in comparison to indoor lamps.
- Ideal for: the entrance of the house – as a guide in the yard entrance; the staircase
- Suitable lamps: LED lamps and halogen lamps are suitable for the outdoors.
If you are looking for the right lighting, you should take the walls into consideration. Wall lights bring light and at the same time coziness to your home and they illuminate dark corners such as staircases or winding hallways.